top of page

How to Apply

Contact your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate to find out more about the process or visit the Australian Immigration website for current information applicable to you:

Permission to Work
When applying for your student visa, you are required to provide evidence of financial capacity to support your period of stay in Australia. Permission to work is intended to provide you with an enriched cultural and social experience in Australia. You should not rely on work to fund your studies.

If you and your family members are granted student visas you will be allowed to work up to 48 hours per fortnight once your course has commenced. Neither you nor your family members may commence work until the principal visa holder has commenced studying.

While the course you are studying is in session you cannot work more than 48 hours per fortnight. No work limits apply during recognised periods of vacation offered by your education provider. Family members will be allowed to work up to 48 hours per fortnight throughout the year.

bottom of page